Friday, February 22, 2008

Costa Rica

When you go on vacation, is it really that... a vacation?

I'm leaving tomorrow night for Costa Rica with Robert. Yet I believe by the time I get on the plane I will be so exhausted that I will sleep. But that is a good thing because we don't arrive to CR until 6:25 am Sunday morning.

Robert is working to get all he needs to get done so he can go. We will not have another cancelled trip i.e. Hawaii and Alaska.

I have been organizing lessons, rides to basketball, dogs, food, car... all for the kids. To top the list off I have to get myself and my husband ready, insect repellant, clothes, money, tickets, hotel, activities, guide books.

Do you notice that when you go on a trip your husband packs his bag and says, "I'm packed and ready." And he's really done, I mean done. No he will not help with the kids packing, he's done. He will not help pick up the house, or anything else, he's done. And then when you get home he unpacks his bag and he's done again. You can be up all night getting ready and that doesn't bother him as long as you're quite and let him sleep.

So I am packing for my trip. The kids are ready for Grandma to come. And so is the other stuff, food, etc.

Have a good week.

No comments: