Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tanner and Robert's First Scouting Trip

Beautiful little BrookieView from camp
Tanner fishing at Lower Red Castle Lake at the base of the Red Castle
Guardian of the Bridge.  This big ol' moose, grazing below our camp right at the little bridge we needed to cross to access the trail home, delayed our hike for home by an hour.
Tanner at the trail head at the end of the hike home.  Tanner carried his pack the entire trip down with very few small rests.  What a stud.
Tanner on his way into Red Castle Lake for some epic fishing.
One of my scouts with the day's haul.
Beautiful cutthroat trout made for one fine dinner.
Our view from camp overlooking Lower Red Castle Lake.
Tanner unhooking a little Brookie at Lower Red Castle Lake.
Tanner and his Dad at the trail head to Red Castle in the Uintah Wilderness before beginning the 10-12 mile ascent to base camp.
First view of Red Castle about halfway in.
Red Castle.
Three boys being graced from above on their way to Red Castle Lake to fish for big cutthroat trout.

Tanner and his Dad at the base of Red Castle Lake.  Red Castle Lake sits on top of the cliff wall behind them.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Why can't I ever see an amazing moose like that? Looks fun. Heidi- funny story. So you know how Steph said you needed music on your blog, well, I clicked on your blog and I could hear music. I scrolled up and down to see your music and then finally I realized my Itunes library was playing. Duh! I am so proud of TanMan for doing so good on the hike. He's a cutie! Give him, Em, and MiniMe a kiss for me!!

Plain City Dickamores said...

Heidi, I peeked at your blog from Abbies. It looks like you guys have been having fun. your kids are getting so big.

The Hammonds said...

That spot looks amazing. I spent a week in AK and never saw and Moose like that, or any moose for that matter. I spent much longer in UT and never even knew you had moose. I just bought my first pair of hunting boots so I hope to spill some blood soon. Wolverines!