Monday, February 2, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

*** Caution****  If you have a weak stomach do not read any further.

This is sibling rivalry at its peak.  Last night Tanner and Emily weren't feeling so well.  Tanner was moaning and coughing down stairs.  At some point I went to check on him and he was sitting on the toilet with a puddle of puke in front of him.  So I start the clean up process.  (Now you need to know that Robert had been out of town for a week and I had already taken care of Sarah, who puked all over me and my bed, lots of laundry.)  Robert slept upstairs.  It was a mess to clean up if you know the tile in Tanners bathroom.  Emily started up shortly after getting Tanner settled back into bed.  It was like this all night, back and forth, up and down the stairs.  Clean up this kid, start laundry, go clean up the other kid.  Yuck Yuck Yuck.  I was supposed to go to the gym at 5 a.m. but called and postponed until next week.
To top it off they both have had a few pairs of underwear thrown into the trash... if you know what I mean.  Casey does.

So, to the rivalry part.  I am in the kitchen making banana bread with lots of ripe bananas.  I hear Tanner and Emily in my bathroom with who has the higher temperature.  Okay fine.  Then who threw up the most, we aren't talking how many times, yet, but the  amount of puke that flew out of their mouths.  Then I hear them talking about their squirts.  Totally gross.  
And what do I do about it well I get on the computer and type it up to share with all of my adoring readership.  
Love ya.

**New addition to the post.
I got it.  Yes the toilet and trash can at the same time.  It was awful.  Monday night at 11p.m. I started and didn't really feel better until 5 p.m. Tuesday.  About 24 hours of being completely miserable.  I hurt all over, where the kids were fine after upchucking.  I guess that is the difference between getting the flu shot and not getting the flu shot.
Have a great day.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

So sorry. Glad you are feeling better. Now you can sympathize with Em and her both end issues. I slept for almost 1.5 hours last night. By 3:30 AM....no sleep. Max was coughing all night.

Sessie said...

Oh man, that is awful. We've had a bug around here but only Mads hurled. Z had the other end issue. But both....oh that is nasty. Hope you recover fast.