Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Papa Max


Max Edward Aycock 
April 1, 2009 @ 2:40 a.m.
Age 74






This past year has been one of ups and downs for Papa Max, Robert's dad.  There have been more downs then ups.  He has been sliding down  for quite a while.  This morning the phone rang at 2:50 am and Robert's mom let him know that it was over.  Max had died ten minutes earlier.  Yesterday a doctor was sent down from Orem to turn off the pacemaker and defibulator(spelling).  He would not have died otherwise, or it would have been really painful.  While this has been something we have prepared for and have been expecting it is still hard.  
Monday March 23 the kids didn't have school so we drove to Ephriam to let the kids see Papa Max and say good-bye.  He wasn't too lucid but I know that he knew we were there.

4 comments:

Shalise said...

I am so sorry for your families loss.. What great pictures to have. What a guy~ SOUNDS like he had gone through a lot.. I still remember March 27 20 years ago when the phone rang @ 1;30 am that my gpa had died. It's never an easy thing, thank goodness for the atonement. Let us know if we can do anything. love ya.

The Birdsalls said...

So sorry for your loss. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!

Joey said...

Heidi,
I just read your blog. So sorry to hear about Roberts dad. Glad to see you were able to make a visit to see him before he passed.
Thank you for being a great family. We have so many fond memories with our Aycock cousins/friends.
Please tell everyone hello from us.
Love ya,
Joey

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear about Robert's dad. My dad passed away the end of last year unexpectedly. It is truly one of the hardest things I have experienced in my life. I hope you are all doing well. I saw your blog link on Joey's blog. I thought I would take a peek every once in a while. I am linked to Joey's blog too...stop in and take a look some time.